GORILLA CONSTRUCTION ADHESIVE
- ALL WEATHER: Great for Indoor & Outdoor use
- FAST GRAB: Holds in 30 seconds
- GAP FILLING
- VOC COMPLIANT
- MEETS ASTM D3498
- LOW ODOR
- NON-FOAMING FORMULA
- *Not recommended for use on polyethylene, polypropylene, bitumen or similar materials.
All surfaces should be clean and free of dirt, grease and oil. Best if used above 40°F.
Unscrew nozzle, cut tip of cartridge, replace nozzle and cut to desired bead size. Insert into cartridge gun.
Unscrew cap, fold and screw-on nozzle. Cut to desired bead size.
2. Apply adhesive to one surface in a zig-zag pattern or inside perimeter of the object. Be careful of squeeze-out. When working on rough, uneven surfaces, use enough adhesive to fill gaps.
3. Within 10 minutes, press surfaces together and hold for 20-30 seconds. NOTE: Heavy items may require temporary support. Use in conjunction with mechanical fasteners when hanging large mirrors.
4. Allow 24 hours to cure. Note that cure times will increase with lower temperature, humidity and if bonding non-porous surfaces.
APPLICATION TEMPERATURE – 40° to 100° F, best above 50° F
SERVICE TEMPERATURE – -40° to 200° F
OUTDOOR – Yes
MOISTURE RESISTANT – Waterproof
PAINTABLE –Yes – Can be painted with latex paints within two days of application
SANDABLE – Yes
STAINABLE – No
CURED COLOR – White
TECHNICAL STANDARDS –AFG-01 ASTM D-3498 ASTM C-557
STORAGE TIPS –Store in a cool, dry location. Cartridge-store with nozzle attached. Tube-remove nozzle and replace cap tightly.
GAP FILLING – Yes – for gaps not exceeding 1″
What is the best way to prepare surfaces for bonding?
Surfaces should be clean and free of debris, grease, and oil. Surfaces can be damp.
What is the best way to store Gorilla Construction Adhesive?
Cartridge – Gorilla Construction Adhesive is best if stored in a cool, dry location, with the nozzle attached filled with adhesive. The left over adhesive in the nozzle acts as a seal for the adhesive in the cartridge.
Tube – Remove nozzle from the tube and replace cap tightly.
Is Gorilla Construction Adhesive VOC compliant?
Yes, Gorilla Construction Adhesive has less than 2% VOC content.
What building standards and specifications does Gorilla Construction Adhesive meet?
Gorilla Construction Adhesive exceeds several drywall and subfloor standards including ASTM C557, ASTM D3498 and AFG-01
What makes Gorilla Construction Adhesive different from ordinary construction adhesives?
Gorilla Construction Adhesive is 100% adhesive and doesn’t contain water or solvents, unlike many construction adhesives. This provides a long-lasting, heavy-duty bond that won’t shrink or crack over time. Many other construction adhesives on the market contain water or solvents, which results in shrinking and a weaker bond. Another difference is greater versatility than other construction adhesives – a wider variety of uses with one product and fewer restrictions.
Will Gorilla Construction Adhesive bond plastic/vinyl/rubber?
Gorilla Construction Adhesive is a tough and versatile adhesive. Its hybrid chemistry is formulated to bond a wide range of similar and dissimilar materials including most plastics, metals, elastomers, wood, and porous surfaces. Certain difficult to bond plastics, such as polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP), or certain types of rubber with high oil or plasticizer content will not form good bonds.
What is the best way to open the Gorilla Construction Adhesive cartridge?
1. Unscrew and remove the nozzle.
2. Cut the tip of the cartridge using a knife or scissors at the top of the threads. (Do not puncture the tip).
3. Replace the nozzle.
4. Cut the tip of the nozzle to the desired bead size, using the marking on the nozzle as a guide.
Gorilla Construction Adhesive is not recommended for direct or indirect food contact and should not be considered food safe.
How do I remove Gorilla Construction Adhesive from my surface?
To clean surface while adhesive is still wet/uncured, wipe wet adhesive off the project immediately with a dry cloth. Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) may be used according to manufacturer’s instructions. For cured/dried adhesive, mechanical means such as sanding or scraping are necessary.
How do I remove Gorilla Construction Adhesive from my body/skin?
Wipe off as much adhesive as possible with a dry cloth. When the majority of the adhesive has been removed, wash skin with soap and warm water.
There are no reviews yet.